Harness your energy
Did you know that every cell in your body contains energy? Much research has now proved that the human body is made up of energy not just matter. The energy within our cells is referred to as many different things such as life force or chi in Chinese culture. Energy healing is a holistic practice that activates the body’s subtle energy systems to remove blocks. By breaking through these energetic blocks, the body’s inherent ability to heal itself is stimulated.
I’d like to share with you some interesting facts on how energy healing can help each and every one of you.
Reiki is the Japanese tradition of energy healing, and dates back to the early 20th century. Chakras, the seven energy transmission centres of the body, are described in many ancient texts – they comprise of the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye & Crown. Meridians, the energy superhighways of the body, are the road maps on which traditional Chinese medicine practitioners, base acupuncture.
Although various ancient cultures used different modalities to stimulate the body’s natural ability to heal, they all saw internal energy as a powerful force of good.
You don’t have to be spiritual to benefit from energy healing
Just like you don’t need to understand the law of gravity before you can fall down, you don’t need to completely grasp the concept of energy healing before you dive into the practice. I would recommend going in with an open mind for maximum benefit.
Any time is a good time to visit an energy healer. If you are stressed, anxious, or physically drained, an energy healing session can help you relax and feel more balanced. And if you’re already feeling good, it’s always possible to feel a little better! It’s important to note that energy healing is a complementary modality that shouldn’t exclude any Western medicine you may be taking.
Your energy at home.
Just as you shower and brush your teeth every day, energetic cleansing should also be a daily commitment. Once you visit with an energy healer, keep the good vibes flowing by taking a bath in Epsom or pink Himalayan salts for 20 minutes whenever you start to feel the heaviness creeping back into your body. Smudging, or burning sage around you, also clears negativity from your aura. High vibrational crystals have their own healing properties and can help give your energy field a boost.
How can energy healing benefit you?
– It clears stress and tension to allow deep relaxation. Stress is just not felt in our heads, but in our entire bodies.
– It accelerates the body’s natural ability to heal itself and increases vitality. One way that energy healers can support you is by being conduits of universal energy. Energy healers open themselves up as a channel to bring life force into the client’s body. This energy enables your own healing system to engage.
– It can help with acute injuries, chronic health issues and relieve pain. The body’s natural state is health and vibrancy. It automatically knows how to heal itself.
– Dis-ease in the body often shows us what needs work and what we still need to learn. Because energy flows to where attention goes, it is a powerful force. Energy healing activates and energizes the body’s natural ability to heal. Lower back pain can be a physical manifestation of fear, related to survival issues. Clearing the Root Chakra and kidneys of these blocks can bring much-needed relief over time.
– It helps clear negative emotional and mental thought patterns. Unexpressed emotions can get stuck in the body creating blockages.
Feed Your Chakras
You may have heard the saying “Eat the Rainbow” as it ensures you eat many different colours and in doing so you eat a wide variety of nutrient rich foods. The Chakras each have their own related colour so they are a good guide to follow: –
Root Chakra – Red – Red Apples, Cranberries, Beetroot & Red Lentils
Sacral Chakra – Orange – Carrots, Squash, Sweet potato & Oranges
Solar Plexus Chakra – Yellow – Yellow Peppers, Banana, Melon & Turmeric
Heart Chakra – Green – Celery, Courgettes, Green Apples & Broccoli
Throat Chakra – Blue – Blueberries, Sloes, Water & Prunes
Third Eye Chakra – Indigo –Acai, Plums, Aubergine & Goji Berries
Crown Chakra – Violet – Blackberries, Purple Grapes, Cabbage & Purple Potatoes
Energy Healing can be extremely powerful at the same time as being relaxing and restorative. Whether it be to help your body to heal from something physical, or to clear emotional blockages from your past, all you need is an open mind.